Architectural CAD Drafter
DivisionArchitecture & Entitlements
As a TAIT team member, you will be expected—and hopefully inspired—to RISE TO THE CHALLENGE each and every day. Your job functions will vary, and we always like to say the sky is the limit! You may be in the field measuring and photographing a new project site one day, meeting with a TAIT Project Manager and a client the next day, and helping finish drafting an exciting new project in downtown Portland the next day. We know that every associate has an equally important role in the success of our projects, so we work hard to foster an environment that is filled with energy, kindness, passion, and respect. We are a different kind of company…and we want to grow our company with the very BEST people who share our values and goals.
Sound interesting? Awesome! You are wired the way we are. We know that sometimes the BEST people may not have much experience in the field that they are most passionate about. That’s okay! Our drafters and designers literally draw the documents that make millions and millions of dollars of projects happen, changing the face of the planet one building, one site at a time.
We are less concerned about years of experience as we are about energy, drive, commitment to detail, and character. Here are some of the things that we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
Proficiency using AutoCAD drafting software is required. A short 30-minute CAD test to assess basic drafting skills may be requested.
- Full-time drafting experience in a professional setting is desired but not essential. Since retail, commercial, and restaurant-related projects comprise a large percentage of what we do, experience in these areas is also a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience with site planning, producing floor plans, and drafting architectural renderings are also desired skills but are not required.
- Applicants should be self-motivated and really care about their work product. We are looking for people who are passionate about drafting and design, and who are eager to apply the skills they’ve worked hard to attain!
If you’re up to the CHALLENGE…now is the time to make your mark! We look forward to hearing from you!
Now here are some of the routine responsibilities that our Architecture CAD Drafters may face on a regular basis:
- Develop concept, schematic, design development, and full architectural construction drawings and documents using the latest version of AutoCAD.
- Make revisions to drawings based on “redline” comments from internal and external team members.
- Take direction from our TAIT Project Manager or Job Captain, and coordinate project information with other team and design subconsultant resources.
- Create sections, details, and elevations from plan drawings, cut sheets, and other various information.
- Draw site plans from various resources such as old record drawings, Google Earth images, and assessor’s parcel maps.
- From time to time, contact cities, counties, and other agencies to determine plan review timelines, submittal processes, and fees.
- Conduct field measuring of various site and building features to document existing conditions.