Santa Ana, California
DivisionArchitecture & Entitlements
Join the TAIT Team! We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate’s entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here’s your chance to start your career with a Top Workplace in Orange County 🙂 don’t wait to apply
Background and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 to 7 years of drafting experience working with an Architectural firm.
- Must have a high level of organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong efficiency in AutoCAD v2010, v2012 and current versions.
- Ability to keep the CAD block library current with new designs and blocks.
- Having basic LEED knowledge and/or being LEED accredited Professional is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Zoning resolutions and Building code laws.
- Strong efficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong knowledge in Photoshop or similar software program.
- Knowledge in Microstation and Revit is a plus
Key Job Functions:
- Develop program, master planning, concept, schematic, design development documents and drawings.
- Responsible for the overall design quality, implementation, and delivery of each project.
- Guide and manage project design team and activities, including consultants.
- Interface and coordinate site planning, engineering and interior design to develop and execute architectural design concepts.
- Develop project design intent and goals for successful implementation• Responsible for coordinating and leading the production team on a project in developing construction documents.
- Ensures compliance to applicable codes and ADA requirements. Ensures the standards for construction document production.
- Provide technical assistance to other team members as well as mentor junior designers.
- Assist the Project Manager with project administration from schematic through construction administration. Initiates and develops technical level design concepts and details.
- Responsible for all portions of projects (i.e. initial setup, preliminary design development, construction design drawings and documents, solving design problems, coordinates with clients and office personnel).
- Site Surveys – Ability to take as-built field layouts and dimensions and create accurate floor and ceiling plan backgrounds inclusive of all windows, doors, walls, power & data locations, mechanical diffuser & return layouts, furniture, fixtures and equipment, floor and ceiling plans, , sections, elevation, detailing and roof plans.