Civil Design Engineer
Santa Ana, California
The Civil Design Engineer will assist in the design of land development projects including grading, drainage analysis, street design, street widening, water distribution, sewage collection and storm drain systems. Additional tasks include preparation of SWPPPs, WQMPs and SUSMPs based on the new general permit and water quality requirements by county.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with 1 to 3 years experience in civil engineering field.
- E.I.T. certification preferred.
- Proficiency in computer design programs AutoCAD 2009 or newer, Civil 3D and HydrologyHydraulics software.
- Experience with commercial-retail projects a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Transform initial rough product design information into working construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Use AutoCAD software to establish horizontal and vertical alignments, profiles, cross sections and perform earthwork calculations.
- Utilize AutoCAD and Civil 3D in preparation of plans for drainage, precise grading, water, sewer, storm drain, street improvements and site planning for land development projects.
- Prepare engineering drawings to specified standards.
- Design basic construction documents and prepare special exhibits and constraint maps using field data and engineering research.