Development Project Manager
Santa Ana, California
DivisionArchitecture & Entitlements
The Development Project Manager position is responsible for the successful execution in the land development process from project conception through construction. The Development Project Manager reports directly to the Director of the Architectural/Planning Group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management (preferred); or a combination of experience and education
- Seven (7) years’ experience in commercial retail land development including entitlement experience and program experience.
- Must have ability to interpret municipal code requirements and have a solid understanding of CEQA, building codes, ADA, basic utilities and green code requirements
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and have the ability to work on 10 + projects at a given time.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and civil construction documents.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks and prepares plans to minimize risk.
- Key point of contact for clients, must be able to multi-task and prioritize to complete projects on schedule and on budget.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of client concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment
- Manages team of designers and oversees design and preparation of Site Plans and Architectural Construction
- Manage and negotiate client objectives during the entitlement process and construction document process.
- Attends and give presentations in public meetings.
- Communication and management of various members and consultants on the project team including civil engineer, landscape architect, geotechnical consultant, environmental consultant, etc.
- Plays a key role in developing new business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Weekly construction observation site visits.