Engineering Administrative Assistant
We are TAIT – Come join our Team! We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate’s entrepreneurial spirit with every design opportunity. Come develop and further your career with TAIT!
To support operations of the Engineering and Surveying department. Under general direction, performs many different levels of duties and varied responsibilities. This role will have responsibilities for office administration, assistance with AutoCAD drawings, expense reports, travel booking and managing and coordinating schedules.
Since this position will be assisting our Engineering staff, we’d like the candidate to have some experience with AutoCAD. This would be a great opportunity for an entry level CAD designer to get experience and assist the team!
- Proficiency in computer design programs such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, MS Project, and Hydrology/Hydraulics software a plus.
- Minimum 2 years in professional office environment, preferably working with Engineers.
- knowledge of MS Office and how to use specific applications: Word, Outlook, Excel, and others as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, and maintain professionalism and composure while working under critical deadlines.
- Ability to organize work & manage projects & programs, set priorities, follow up on assignments, with minimum supervision within established timelines.
- Keep a positive, can-do attitude and maintain adherence to deadlines, policies and procedures.
- Assist engineers in developing and maintaining project documentation, including drawings, specifications, meeting minutes, RFQ’s, vendor communications, approvals, and other project documentation.
- Maintain files and data used for projects and clients.
- Gather and expedite information from various parties both internal and external to the company.
- Organize large amounts of information into coherent format and reports.
- Prioritize a variety of tasks independently while working in a fast pace environment and be a contributing team member.