Santa Ana, California
DivisionArchitecture & Entitlements
TAIT & Associates is a seeking a highly motivated candidate for a full-time Permit Technician position in Orange County. The Permit Technician will perform various tasks and act as an extension of Orange County Public Works Staff. ICC Certified Permit Technicians are strongly preferred.
- ICC Certified Permit Technician preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and related documents
- Minimum 1-2 Years working with public agencies.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- County responsibilities will include processing permit applications and submittal documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Input application data into computer software systems
- Tracking multiple permits and coordinating with various members of the team to ensure plan checks are completed prior to deadlines.
- Answering incoming phone calls and distributing comments to applicants
- Issuance of permits
- Answering questions and providing information to the applicants regarding agency department requirements and procedures
- Providing excellent customer service to walk-in customers.