Sr. Architectural Designer
Santa Ana, California
DivisionArchitecture & Entitlements
• Minimum of 4 to 7 years of drafting experience working with an Architectural firm.
• Must have a high level of organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Strong efficiency in AutoCAD v2010, v2012 and current versions.
• Ability to keep the CAD block library current with new designs and blocks.
• Having basic LEED knowledge and/or being LEED accredited Professional is a bonus.
• Knowledge of Zoning resolutions and Building code laws.
• Strong efficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Strong knowledge in Photoshop or similar software program.
• Knowledge in Microstation and Revit is a plus
• Develop program, master planning, concept, schematic, design development documents and drawings.
• Responsible for the overall design quality, implementation, and delivery of each project.
• Guide and manage project design team and activities, including consultants.
• Interface and coordinate site planning, engineering and interior design to develop and execute architectural design concepts.
• Develop project design intent and goals for successful implementation• Responsible for coordinating and leading the production team on a project in developing construction documents.
• Ensures compliance to applicable codes and ADA requirements. Ensures the standards for construction document production.
• Provide technical assistance to other team members as well as mentor junior designers.
• Assist the Project Manager with project administration from schematic through construction administration. Initiates and develops technical level design concepts and details.
• Responsible for all portions of projects (i.e. initial setup, preliminary design development, construction design drawings and documents, solving design problems, coordinates with clients and office personnel).
• Site Surveys – Ability to take as-built field layouts and dimensions and create accurate floor and ceiling plan backgrounds inclusive of all windows, doors, walls, power & data locations, mechanical diffuser & return layouts, furniture, fixtures and equipment, floor and ceiling plans, , sections, elevation, detailing and roof plans.