Civil Design Engineer
Rancho Cordova, California
We are TAIT – Join our Team! We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate’s entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Come develop and further your career with TAIT!
The Civil Design Engineer will assist in the design of land development projects including grading, drainage analysis, street design, street widening, water distribution, sewage collection and storm drain systems. Additional tasks include preparation of reports and documents as required for permitting various project improvements.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 0-3 years’ experience in civil engineering field.
- Experience with computer design programs AutoCAD 2009 or newer, Civil 3D and Hydrology-Hydraulics software.
- Experience with commercial-retail projects a plus.
- E.I.T. certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Transform initial rough product design information into working construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Use AutoCAD software to establish horizontal and vertical alignments, profiles, cross sections and perform earthwork calculations.
- Utilize AutoCAD and Civil 3D in preparation of plans for drainage, precise grading, water, sewer, storm drain, street improvements and site planning for land development projects.
- Prepare engineering drawings to specified standards.
- Design basic construction documents and prepare special exhibits and constraint maps using field data and engineering research.