Director of Public Works
Santa Ana, California
TAIT is looking for a Director of Public Works to join our growing team. TAIT, a leading engineering firm with offices throughout the Western US, is on the path to become a leader in Public Works and Infrastructure projects, and as we continue to expand into new markets, we are looking for a talented, creative, and go-getting person who can grow and lead this effort. This position will work in close collaboration with the Vice President and Director of Engineering to continue to grow our public works and infrastructure group, manage projects and project managers, and develop new opportunities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) with a minimum of 10 years of public works design and management experience.
- Understand Successful Proposal Writing (SOQ/RFP) & Budget Management for public contracts
- Ability to Market, Communicate, and Develop relationships with Existing and New Public Agency Clients
- Experience must include Local Public Works Design (City to County Level) is required
- Experience with Regional Projects (Caltrans to Federal) is desired
- Experience with Public Roadway Engineering (Rehabilitation/Widening/Construction), Water & Sewer Improvements, and Storm Drain Improvements required
- Experience with Site Improvements/Development, Signing & Striping, Traffic Control are a plus/desired
- Knowledge of Water Quality (Pre and Post Construction) as well as Hydrology as it relates to public improvements
- CAD/Civil 3D knowledge is a plus but not required
- Will assist the Director with marketing and client development for the Division.
- Interface daily with our clients, develop proposals, negotiate scopes and fees, ensure timely billing and collections and change orders.
- Proposal Writing & Marketing (Existing & New Clients)
- Work with Department Management to Delegate Public Projects
- Strategic Planning of Public Works Marketing and Design/Construction Strategies with Department Management
- Project Management for awarded Public Works Contracts to include:
- Budget & Design Team Management
- Review/Signing/Stamping of Plans for which you are managing
- Continued Development of Internal Project and Design Processes for Public Contracts
- Training & Development of Associates