Service Tank Technician
Santa Ana, California
Join the TAIT Team! We are leaders in improving civilization through the design and development of our physical environment. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964. Join TAIT & become an integral part of a stellar team!
We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate’s entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here’s your chance to start your career with a Top Workplace in Orange County 🙂 don’t wait to apply
Position Title: Underground/Aboveground Storage Tank Service Technician
Location: Southern California, preferably near Los Angeles. Will typically dispatch from home with occasional visits to Tait’s Santa Ana office required.
The Service Technician plays a critical role in the environmental compliance efforts of our clients and completes thorough periodic inspections of fuel system facilities and equipment. The Service Technician will conduct and properly document testing, maintenance, and repairs of Underground Storage Tanks (UST) and Aboveground Storage Tanks (AST) systems. The Service Technician will ensure that state and local regulatory directives regarding storage and monitoring systems are met. Will work closely with client personnel as a company representative, perform maintenance, and trouble shooting without direct supervision. The Service Technician will help ensure that state and local regulatory directives are met. This individual will serve as the eyes and ears of our clients identifying and documenting all compliant and any observed non-compliant issues.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with UST/AST monitoring and fuel system service station maintenance equipment is required.
- ICC UST Service Technician and Veeder Root TLS-3XX Technician or Veeder Root ATG Technician certifications are required.
- Must have current 40-hour HAZWOPER certification.
- Must have good electrical and mechanical aptitude, as well as the ability to work and troubleshoot problems independently.
- Should be able to understand and conform to complex regulatory requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills, basic knowledge of computer systems, and an eye for detail.
- ICC UST Installer and/or Decommissioning, Vapor Recovery Testing and Repair, Vapor Recovery Installation and Repair, and manufacturer certifications a plus.
- A valid California Driver’s License and good driving record is required.
- Successful applicants must pass a background check, as well as a physical examination and drug screening test.
- The Service Technician will function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company.
- Perform required Monitoring Certification, Secondary Containment, Spill Bucket testing, and vapor recovery testing per state regulatory requirements.
- Drive company work truck to client job sites, up to 250 miles or more per day.
- Occasional out of town stay is required.
- Conduct on-the-job safety training for employees who work at client facilities.
- Requires submitting of daily work orders and associated project paperwork.
- Additional duties as assigned.